JASNA membership is open to everyone interested in the works and life of Jane Austen. Any member of JASNA living in the region is automatically a member of the region.
Benefits of membership include:
- A subscription to JASNA News, the Society’s newsletter, which is published three times a year and includes news, feature articles, and book reviews;
- Our annual journal, Persuasions, a leading source for Austen studies;
- Membership in one or more of our regional groups;
- An opt-in email subscription to JASNA’s monthly e-bulletin and other timely announcements;
- An invitation to attend the Annual General Meeting, our “members-only” three-day conference;
- Advance notice of tours to England tailored for JASNA members.
|Student Annual (full-time)||USD $18||USD $18||CDN $23||USD $30|
|Individual Annual||USD $30||USD $30||CDN $38||USD $40|
|Sustaining Annual*||USD $60||—||CDN $75||USD $70|
|Individual Life||USD $500||—||CDN $650||USD $625|
|Family Life**||USD $700||—||CDN $850||USD $875|
|Convert to Family Life***||USD $200||—||CDN $200||USD $250|
* Sustaining membership: same benefits as Individual membership; the extra dues are a donation to JASNA, for which a tax receipt will be provided.
** Family Life membership: two (2) Life members at the same address; the household receives only one subscription to JASNA News and Persuasions.
*** A Life Member may convert to Family Life by adding another person at the same address.
How to Join or Renew
Enroll or renew online. It’s quick and convenient, and your membership will take effect immediately.
- To Join: Use our online New Member Application Form to join and pay by credit card. (Credit card transactions are processed in US dollars.)
- To Renew an Existing Membership: Log in to JASNA’s Member Portal and use the Membership Renewal form to pay online by credit card. If you have not yet set up your Member Portal login name and password (or can’t remember them), email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- To Gift a Membership: Gift memberships may be purchased online using the New Member Application Form; follow the instructions at the top of the form. NOTE: A confirmation email will be sent immediately to the recipient if the membership is purchased online. To surprise someone with a gift membership, email email@example.com for assistance.
- Canadians may join or renew Canadian Individual and Student Memberships online at the US dues rates. However, Sustaining Memberships and Life Memberships must be mailed to the Canadian Membership Secretary with a check payable in Canadian dollars.
Prefer to pay by check? Print the appropriate Membership Form provided below and mail it in with your check. NOTE: Memberships paid by check take 4 to 6 weeks to process after JASNA receives the completed application form and dues.
New members will receive a Welcome Letter after their enrollment has been processed.
An Annual Membership starts on the date the membership is processed and expires one year later. For example, a membership that starts on June 1 will be active through May 31 of the following year. When a membership is renewed before it expires, the new membership term will start after the current membership year is completed.
If you have questions about membership, please email one of the JASNA National Membership Secretaries:
Or Call: 1-206-739-6225
“It’s a very select Society, an’ you’ve got to be a Janeite in your ’eart … You take it from me, there’s no one to touch Jane when you’re in a tight place.”
“The Janeites,” by Rudyard Kipling